Please note that this is an outdated version of this article. You can find the updated article here.
Note: Poloniex support will never ask you for your password, Google Authenticator 2FA code, or 2FA backup codes.
For the security of your Poloniex account, personal identity, and data, we recommend following the advice below.
- Use a unique password for your Poloniex account – many account compromises occur due to credentials being shared across multiple sites. You should consider using a password manager to securely store your password.
- Use a passphrase greater than 12 characters or a password generator to create a secure password.
- Use a different password for the Poloniex Support Center password, separate from your Poloniex account password. Unique passwords are recommended for all of your logins.
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication (also known as 2FA, F2A, OTP) with Google Authenticator, Authy, or a similar application for both your Poloniex account and the email associated with your account..
- Store your backup code for your 2FA in a safe, offline location. Poloniex will never ask you for your Google Authenticator backup codes during login.
- Download account information like trade and deposit history on a regular basis so you can keep track of your funds.
- Only enter your password and 2FA code into https://poloniex.com, https://m.poloniex.com, and the official mobile iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Never share personal information, API secrets, Google Authenticator 2FA codes, or 2FA backup codes through email or support tickets.
- Requests to upload photos or documents usually go through the Poloniex secure upload portal at https://poloniex.com/profile/. Do not tweet personal information to our official Twitter account, @Poloniex.
- Poloniex does not have a support phone number. Anyone you speak with on the phone pretending to be Poloniex is likely trying to steal your information or funds.
- The best way to reach out to our team is to use the official contact page at https://poloniex.com/support/
Tax Related Inquiries
- Due to the wide variety of jurisdictions Poloniex operates in, Poloniex does not currently generate tax reporting documents. For advice regarding how to best report activity, we recommend reaching out to a local tax professional who specializes in your jurisdiction.
- If you need to export your trade history, you can do so here: https://poloniex.com/tradeHistory. You can also find your deposit and withdrawal history here: https://poloniex.com/depositHistory.
- Treat your API secret with great care. Sharing your API key/secret with a 3rd party app or website gives them access to your account.
- Do not share your API secret when creating a support ticket in relation to an API issue. Poloniex support will never ask for your API secret.