For the security of your Poloniex account, personal identity and data, we recommend following the advice below:
- Use a unique password for your Poloniex account – many account compromises occur due to credentials being shared across multiple sites. Also, you should consider using a password manager to securely store your password.
- Use a passphrase greater than 12 characters, or a password generator to create a secure password.
- Use a different password for the Poloniex Support Center password, separate from your Poloniex account password. Unique passwords are always recommended.
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication 2FA (also known as 2FA, F2A, OTP) with Google Authenticator, Authy, or a similar application, on your Poloniex-associated email address, along with your Poloniex account.
- Store your backup code for your 2FA in a safe, offline location. Also, Poloniex will never ask you for your Google Authenticator backup codes during login.
- Download account information like trade and deposit history on a regular basis so you can keep track of your funds.
- Personal information is sensitive. There is also other information that is sensitive, like account information and API secret, that you should not share through email or support tickets.
- Never send sensitive personal information through email or support tickets. Poloniex utilizes a secure upload portal at Poloniex.com/profile/ for the sending of images and identity information.
- Do not tweet personal information to our official Twitter account, @Poloniex.
- Poloniex does not have a support phone number. Anyone you speak with on a phone pretending to be Poloniex will likely try to steal your information.
- Do not use any ancillary service (like Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, etc) to contact Poloniex – we only use the Poloniex Support Center at support.poloniex.circle.com to conduct conversations with customers.
Tax Related Inquiries
- Due to the wide variety of jurisdictions Poloniex operates in, Poloniex does not currently generate tax reporting documents. For advice regarding how to best report activity, we recommend reaching out to a local tax professional who specializes in your jurisdiction.
- If you need to export your trade history, you can do so here: https://poloniex.com/tradeHistory. You can also find your deposit and withdrawal history here: https://poloniex.com/depositHistory.
- Do not share your API key and/or secret when creating a support ticket in relation to an API issue.
- If you enter your API key into an unofficial app or website, you are sharing your credentials with a potentially malicious party.
- Using your API key/secret with a 3rd party app risks exposure: you can use your API key and secret only for making API calls over HTTPS to <api endpoint> and on our official iOS and Android app.