Please note that this is an outdated version of this article. You can find the updated article here.
BCHABC and BCHSV deposits and withdrawals have been enabled following the November 15th Bitcoin Cash hard fork. A few things to note:
- Users with BCH addresses created on Poloniex prior to hard fork can use those addresses for both BCHABC and BCHSV deposits. The tokens sent will be credited to the correct wallets.
- BCHABC or BCHSV addresses newly generated from the deposits page will only work for that token.
- Confirmations will be relatively high until the chains further stabilize. They are currently set at:
- BCHABC: 30 blocks (approximately 5 hours)
- BCHSV: 144 blocks (approximately 24 hours)
If network conditions change significantly or become unsafe at any point, we will revise these plans and may consider suspending deposits and withdrawals or raising confirmation times.
When depositing and withdrawing, you must ensure that you do so on the correct chain. The tickers for these two tokens vary across wallets and exchanges. Here are the tickers for some popular exchanges:
Please note that this is accurate as of 9:00 AM UTC 11/21/2018. We cannot guarantee its accuracy on an ongoing basis and strongly recommend that you confirm before depositing and withdrawing.
Although we expect many deposits we receive to be replayable, we will not automatically replay them. If you wish to replay your own transactions on the other chain, you are welcome to do so and we will honor the deposit if the transaction is valid. However, you should be careful to do so only if you are depositing to an address you generated pre-fork because newly generated addresses will only be honored for the chain they were generated for.
As a reminder, we are offering no fee trading for BCHABC/USDC and BCHSV/USDC through the end of November (November 30, 2018 at 23:00 UTC).